cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation could not be done. Firmware package STM32CubeF FW_F4 V1.28.0

Daniel_Ismail
Associate II

I am encountering an error while attempting to create any project in STM32CubeIDE, which states, 'Code generation could not be done because the necessary firmware package is missing. Not able to complete STM32Cube project creation.' I am using the most up to date software version (1.14.1) and all my packages are up to date as well.

I have attempted several troubleshooting steps, including:

• Downloading and installing the package using 'Manage Embedded Software Packages.'
  • Manually downloading and unzipping the package.
  • Replacing the downloaded F4 package with a patch file, as suggested in various forums.
  • Changing the repository folder location.

None of these solutions have resolved the issue for me. The only workaround I have found is to create the project in the default workspace, which was initially created in 'C:\Users\xxxx\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.14.1.' I also made sure that my other project workspace folder has the same administration access as my default workspace. And nothing worked for me.

However, I am concerned about storing my files in the 'C' drive and prefer not to use this workspace for my projects. I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue, as I have already invested a significant amount of time in troubleshooting without success.

SNAP-1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Ismail
Associate II

I'm pleased to report that I have successfully resolved the issue. The problem stemmed from folder renaming, specifically, the presence of certain characters such as "&" or "-". It appears that the MX is incapable of creating a project folder in a directory path containing these characters. To address this, I ensured that all such characters were removed from the directory path, which has effectively resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief

Did you try : switch workspace + copy the settings , you want to have -> layout...etc. ?

AScha3_0-1708260352031.png

Then try : make new stm32-project (there now) , generate code and debug... works ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

When creating a new workstation within a folder generated by CubeIDE, the process functions correctly. However, attempting to create a project within an existing folder or workstation results in encountered issues, preventing successful project creation. This behavior suggests a potential bug or software issue.

Daniel_Ismail
Associate II

I'm pleased to report that I have successfully resolved the issue. The problem stemmed from folder renaming, specifically, the presence of certain characters such as "&" or "-". It appears that the MX is incapable of creating a project folder in a directory path containing these characters. To address this, I ensured that all such characters were removed from the directory path, which has effectively resolved the problem.

ok.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".