cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Copy a example Project in stm32cubeIDE

Pcard.2
Associate II

I'm trying to copy a project in cube IDE, version 1.9.0 windows

Very new to using stm32cubeIDE and Eclipse. So I'm hoping I've missed something fundamental, tried a couple of things but no success.

I'm wanting to copy an example that st provide (BLE_p2pServer), but I dont' think that should change the process.

Method 1 - using stm32cubeIDE

1) in IDE I right click on project and copy.

2) I then paste the project (in dialog I rename the project name and use default location).

3) I get error dialog "internal error: null request:"

4) project is only partially copied, the includes look done. But the application folder structure is there but no content.

5) no other folders are copied over :(

6) on my source project if I go to application/user/Core I cannot copy and paste a file from the source project to the new project. I can copy but paste option is not available.

that didn't work.

Method 2 - Export From stm32cubeIDE

1) I select the source project and right click, select export...

2) in export dialog I select General/FileSystem

3) I export to desktop

4) right click in the project explorer and import

5) select import from "projects from folder or Archive", then select the desktop folder that I just exported.

6) Wont' let me import because the project has the same name

7) I rename the folder and now can import, but once i import the project explorer doesn't show anything :(

😎 restarted stm32cubeIDE, in project explorer (in ide) I right click and refresh, still nothing

9) try importing this time didn't go with the default and checked the option "add project to working sets", no joy

Method 3 - Manual Method

1) in windows explorer, I copy the source project, rename the folder and rename the .ioc file

2) in IDE I got file/Import project from file system or archive. Select the folder that I just created

3) I have two options the newFolder and the newFolder\STM32CubeIDE. Selected "newFolder\STM32CubeIDE" but nothing happened, so selected newFolder

4) that worked, but the newFolder/project has a different icon for the project and I cannot build it.

Method 4 - Import BLE_p2pServer stm32 example with a different name

1) couldn't find an option to do this :(

I cannot see any other options. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Keen to learn what I need to to solve this. And it might just be my uneducated IDE knowledge.

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for that TDK, much appreciated.

some of those I had missed and reading them the solution that worked for me was:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BqBCOfSQO/issue-when-clone-the-project-in-stm32cubeide

And the post was by Pavel A, on the February 18, 2020 at 5:05 PM.

I also changed the .cproject file and replaced the old project name to the new one but not sure that this mattered. And seemed to build fine without it.