cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 for macOS runs out of memory on opening a workspace every time.

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) on an intel i9 laptop with 32GB of RAM.

On startup or changing workspaces I get a message informing me that Eclipse has run out of memory.

If I dismiss this message, I get a second message (both attached), but IDE works normally.

I have not seen this problem until I updated to 1.12.1.

Not a stopper, just annoying.

3 REPLIES 3

Is the .log file mentioned in the message available, and/or enlightening?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

(after fighting with an issue not being able to login to this server for the last couple of weeks) There is no .log file. I couldn't believe it. Kinda amateur hour, but anyway.

Today CubeIDE had 1.13.0 available, so I updated and the out of memory error is gone. But the update, and updated firmware file for L4, completely borked my project and a simple printf goes to a fatal error without calling _write, and if I create a new project that just uses the same UART and has the same _write function, it works like a charm. It's a hot mess.

Login to server? Which server?

If there's no log file: open a terminal and copy there the command line that starts CuibeIDE (or run it in a Terminal).  Will it spew something to stdout/stderr?