cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About STM32CubeIDE Code Generation

yunkel
Visitor

Sorry for the rudimentary question. I tried to generate code by setting up pin assignments in STM32CubeIDE with reference to the following site, but the code such as main.c is not generated as shown in the following image.

If you know the cause of the problem, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the solution as well as the countermeasures.

https://qiita.com/yosihisa/items/136bcc09c466227303a2

CODE01.bmp

The procedure is as follows. 4 operations are recognized to generate the code automatically.

1 Select STM32F405RG on the CPU selection screen. 

2 Set the project name to LED

3 Set PA15 to GPIO_Output

4 Save the project by pressing ctrl+s

yunkel_0-1723125440417.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @yunkel ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

I advise you to check the connection under Window->Preferences->Firmware updater, then login to your ST account.

The firmware will be successfully downloaded then you will be able to generate the code by clicking on CTRL+S.

I suggest also that you take a look at the STM32CubeIDE user guide.

It details the STM32CubeIDE features and usage, including how to get started, create and build projects, debug
with standard and advanced techniques, and many other software analysis solutions.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @yunkel ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

I advise you to check the connection under Window->Preferences->Firmware updater, then login to your ST account.

The firmware will be successfully downloaded then you will be able to generate the code by clicking on CTRL+S.

I suggest also that you take a look at the STM32CubeIDE user guide.

It details the STM32CubeIDE features and usage, including how to get started, create and build projects, debug
with standard and advanced techniques, and many other software analysis solutions.

Thanks.

Mahmoud

Hello Mahmoud

I was able to generate the code using the method you described!
Thank you very much!