cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI driver kernel panic issue

SATEESH_52
Associate II

Hi Team,

I am facing issue 5.15.67 kernel version. 

Starting kernel ...

E/TC:0 Panic 'Watchdog' at core/drivers/stm32_iwdg.c:105 <stm32_iwdg_it_handler>
E/TC:0 TEE load address @ 0xfe200000
E/TC:0 Call stack:
E/TC:0 0xfe203cb5
E/TC:0 0xfe21b32d
E/TC:0 0xfe20ec3d
E/TC:0 0xfe21a9ed
E/TC:0 0xfe237f07
E/TC:0 0xfe200340 

Can anybody know this fix solution please pro

Regards,

Sateesh 

5 REPLIES 5
Roger SHIVELY
ST Employee

Hello @SATEESH_52 

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. 

We'll contact you directly.

Regards,

Roger

Hello Team,

I posted this issue 10days back still I not get any reply. Can anybody take initiative and respond my issue. 

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @SATEESH_52 

Could you please provide more information on your setup ?

Why did you conclude issue is from WIFI driver when there seems to be a watchdog interrupt going to OpTee ?

Which STM32MP1 device ? Which board ?

Which ecosystem version (seems v4.1.00 according to kernel version) and if individual components (TF-A, uBoot, Optee) are the right one for this ecosystem version ?

Full console log ?

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi PatrickF,

I am not concluding wifi driver issue. This releated to OPTEE. Which I was using custom board (STM32MP133C) 

optee version - a1f02f4f3daae7e21ee58b4c93ec3e46b8f28d15 (HEAD -> master, tag: v2.6-rc1, tag: v2.6)

kernel version - 1.15.67

Hello @SATEESH_52 ,
It looks that your kernel just does not start, and so is not able to kick the OPTEE watchdog, that leads to a watchdog panic in OPTEE. (Linux is responsible to regularly kick an OPTEE watchdog that is a kind of heartbeat to check if the link is still alive).

So you have to find why does your Linux kernel not start.

Can you double check that all your SW component are aligned with the version waited with OpenSTLinux v4.1 ? (you can check the versions at this link : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v4/wiki/STM32_MPU_OpenSTLinux_release_note_-_v4.1.0#Release_content).

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.