cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless LAN driver issues related to suspend-to-ram

RAhlb.1
Associate II

Hey,

we have an issue when waking up our STM32MP153 from suspend-to-ram. The wireless LAN won't respond and we get the following error messages through serial port:

ieee80211 phy0: brcmf_run_escan: error (-110) 
ieee80211 phy0: brcmf_cfg80211_scan: scan error (-110) 
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_bus_sleep: error while changing bus sleep state -110 
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_txfail: sdio error, abort command and terminate frame 
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_txfail: sdio error, abort command and terminate frame

Maybe someone has encountered the same issue and can help.

Thank you in advance! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Christophe Guibout
ST Employee

HI @Rico Ahlbäumer​ ,

It seems that brcmf_fil_iovar_data_set function returned a timeout.

As SDIO also returns errors, I would suggest to check errors before entering suspend and enable brcmf_dbg debug functions in drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/sdio.c.

BTY, on which MMDV version you are ?

BR,

Christophe

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RAhlb.1
Associate II

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I'll try that when I get back at fiddling with the drivers.

But we found a solution which solves the issue, but not the cause. When I tried suspension, the M4 was not running.

After activation, suspension does work without any issues and it brings the wireless LAN back up again. We most likely never use a low power mode with the M4 deactivated, therefore we are fine, until it pops up again :D.

What do you mean by MMDV?

Best Regards,

Rico

Hi,

My bad : MMDV is for Mass Market DeliVery, but the correct question would be on which STM32MP15 Ecosystem version you are working on ?

The latest one is v3.0.0, and it good for us to know the version to propose the best recommendation.

Good to see that you are not blocked anymore by this issue.

BR,

Christophe

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hey,

That makes sense, thank you. This devices uses the STM32MP153c processor. I can not say which ecosystem was running at the start, because I am not that long in the project. The issue above happened with a customized Linux running on Kernel version 5.4.56. With our newest version, where V5.10. is running, I did not had the issues, but the system just restarted upon leaving suspension.

As said before: both behavior vanished when we activated the M4.

Best Regards,

Rico