cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Urgent] Looking For Description of STM32MP157F-DK2 HAL and low-layer drivers PDF

purushotham2608
Associate III

Hello all, good day I hope your Christmas season is going well. I'm looking for a pdf document equivalent of the PDF that is attached to this post that gives description for STM32MP157F-DK2 HAL and low-layer drivers or a HAL API Manual/Programming manual to program our STM32MP157F-DK2 board using STM32CubeIDE. I tried searching the internet for anything of the sort but I couldn't find anything for my STM32MP157F-DK2 board please provide kind support as soon as possible thank you best regards.

14 REPLIES 14

Dear Sir/Madam, Good day, I have noticed that it says  STM32MP157C not STM32MP157F will it still work for this board? please provide kind support thank you best regards.

purushotham2608_0-1704427309129.png

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @purushotham2608 ,

Sure the document is valid. Since C and F means : 

C = Secure boot, cryptography hardware, 650 MHz
F = Secure boot, cryptography hardware, 800 MHz

I advise you to read the Datasheet Datasheet - STM32MP157C/F - Arm<Sup>®</Sup> dual Cortex<Sup>®</Sup>-A7 800 MHz + Cortex<Sup>®</Sup>-M4 MPU, 3D GPU, TFT/DSI, 37 comm. interfaces, 29 timers, adv. analog, crypto and some introduction to the product on st.com and wiki. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @purushotham2608 

STM32MP157C and STM32MP157F are quite identical for Cortex-M4 point of view.

Only change is Cortex-A7 frequency overdrive capabilities on 'F' version

Note: there is only one HAL for the whole STM32MP15xx family, some peripherals are not available on some part number (e.g. no FDCAN on STM32MP151x). It is up to customer not use the HAL of unavailable peripherals (please refer to datasheet). CubeMX (or CubeIDE) will manage that for you.

Nevertheless, STM32MP157 is the 'high-end' version of the family and have all peripherals available.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Sir/Madam, Good day. Thank you for confirming thanks to that information I believe this is what I have been looking for.  For more information, We don't plan to use Linux for this board we plan to program the board entirely in C language using STM32CUBEIDE. Thank You everyone for your kind support.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @purushotham2608 ,

Be aware that ST does not provide any support for a "bare" HAL implementation on the STM32MP15x. We only provide ecosystem for Linux on A7. 

You can't, and it make no sense, to make a product using only the M4. 

If you are interested in an MPU with HAL support, I recommend you to rather use the STM32MP13 which is delivered with complete ecosystem for HAL support. 

See STM32CubeMP13 Package release note - v1.0.0 - stm32mpu 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN