cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade STM32MP157C-EV1 to STM32MP157F-EV1

JSaav.1
Associate

I have a STM32MP157C-EV1 board.

Can i upgrade STM32MP157C-EV1 board to STM32MP157F-EV1 only removing TM32MP157C processor and reinstaling a new TM32MP157F processor?

If not, how can i upgrade MB1263 MPU subsystem daughterboard to the last microprocessor family?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @JSaav.1​ 

Changing the processor is possible, although it could be complex to unsolder/resolder without board damages.

If you put virgin STM32MP157F sample, you will loose some ST-internal board identification defined in OTP during board manufacturing, but as far as I know, this might not hurt the Starter Package.

We did not sell MB1263 board alone.

Btw, what is the rationale to move to faster processor on your evaluation board ?

It is usually quite easy to do some trials on STM32MP157C 650MHz board and estimates your final application performances when you will go for your own board at 800MHz.

As evaluation board are not intended to be a real product and are used only at room temperature, you could also try to overclock the processor (at your own risk, without any ST support nor guarantees).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @JSaav.1​ 

Changing the processor is possible, although it could be complex to unsolder/resolder without board damages.

If you put virgin STM32MP157F sample, you will loose some ST-internal board identification defined in OTP during board manufacturing, but as far as I know, this might not hurt the Starter Package.

We did not sell MB1263 board alone.

Btw, what is the rationale to move to faster processor on your evaluation board ?

It is usually quite easy to do some trials on STM32MP157C 650MHz board and estimates your final application performances when you will go for your own board at 800MHz.

As evaluation board are not intended to be a real product and are used only at room temperature, you could also try to overclock the processor (at your own risk, without any ST support nor guarantees).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.