Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tf-a and u-boot custom compile fails

ASkri.1
Senior

Hi, Everybody!

Referring to this issue:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000oVNtqSAG/qaudspi-spinand-flash-device-tree-for-tfa-and-uboot

PatrickF suggested to manually configure U-BOOT for my board. I have downloaded tf-a sources patched it, of course installed and configured SDK and trying to do all according to it's README.HOW_TO.txt file.

As I have my specific DT I need to specify it in makefile parameters:

README.HOW_TO.txt has this example:

make -f $PWD/../Makefile.sdk TFA_DEVICETREE=stm32mp157c-ev1 TF_A_CONFIG=trusted ELF_DEBUG_ENABLE='1' all

But in fact TFA_DEVICETREE var-name should be TF_A_DEVICETREE. Is this correct?

Then, file format. We have .stm32, also .fip file format avaialble

I can compile both .stm32 tf-a and u-boot, but u-boot fail to start with following error:

NOTICE: CPU: STM32MP157DAB Rev.Z

NOTICE: Model: STMicroelectronics STM32MP157A-DK1 STM32CubeMX board

INFO:  Reset reason (0x14):

INFO:   Pad Reset from NRST

INFO:  PMIC version = 0x21

INFO:  FCONF: Reading TB_FW firmware configuration file from: 0x2ffe3000

INFO:  FCONF: Reading firmware configuration information for: stm32mp_io

INFO:  Using USB

INFO:   Instance 2

INFO:  Boot used partition fsbl1

NOTICE: BL2: v2.4-r1.0(debug):

NOTICE: BL2: Built : 11:12:52, May 27 2021

INFO:  BL2: Doing platform setup

INFO:  RAM: DDR3-DDR3L 16bits 533000Khz

WARNING: Couldn't find property st,phy-cal in dtb

INFO:  Memory size = 0x20000000 (512 MB)

INFO:  DFU USB START...

INFO:  phase ID :0, Manifestation 0 at c00001d9

INFO:  phase ID :3, Manifestation 3 at c80e1fa2

ERROR:  FIP Header check failed for phase 3

ERROR:  usb_core_ctl_error : Send an ERROR

INFO:  handle USB : Suspend int

INFO:  USB Suspend mode

Then I'm trying to compile tf-a with fip option, but it fails with following error:

make -f ../Makefile.sdk TF_A_CONFIG=trusted TF_A_DEVICETREE=stm32mp157a-stm32mp151-dk1-mx fip

fiptool-stm32mp config:

optee:

bl32 config value: optee

trusted:

bl32 config value: tfa

FIP_DEVICETREE: stm32mp157a-stm32mp151-dk1-mx

FIP_DEPLOYDIR_FIP  : /home/screep/Distribution-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/FIP_artifacts//fip

FIP_DEPLOYDIR_TFA  : /home/screep/Distribution-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp-2.4.r1-r0/tf-a-sources/../deploy/bl32

FIP_DEPLOYDIR_FWCONF: /home/screep/Distribution-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/tf-a-stm32mp-2.4.r1-r0/tf-a-sources/../deploy/fwconfig

FIP_DEPLOYDIR_OPTEE : /home/screep/Distribution-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/FIP_artifacts//optee

FIP_DEPLOYDIR_UBOOT : /home/screep/Distribution-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/FIP_artifacts//u-boot

Missing stm32mp157a-stm32mp151-dk1-mx-fw-config-optee.dtb file in folder: $FIP_DEPLOYDIR_FWCONF or '$FIP_DEPLOYDIR_ROOT/arm-trusted-firmware/fwconfig'

Why optee? I don;t need optee.

Can anybody help me with correct sequence compiling tf-a and u-boot starting from source download and finishing with success kernel load...

Thank you in advance

Looking forward for your reply

20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

glad to see you have made big progress !

To keep this post useful to the community, best would be to stop on this long thread (maybe with a summary of your outcomes/solutions and one 'Select as Best').

Feel free to enter new questions for your open topics. This will also give a chance to other community members to answers (I think there was already some related questions)

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.