cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157FAD schematic design

KNam.2
Associate II

hi

I am working on a project using stm32mp157fad.

For the project created using stm32cubemx and stm32cubeide, I created a custom image by referring to the site below and uploaded it to the sd card using the dd command.

But openstlinux is not booting up so I want to check if there is a problem with the schematic.

1.Create an OpenSTLinux image

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_create_your_own_machine

​2.dd command

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command

First of all, I would appreciate it if you could tell me if the circuit diagram is written correctly.

1.power circuit diagram

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkVSlQAM.png2.SD Card Used Pin

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkVTsQAM.png 

Second, I would like to know if the Boot-related program is entered in the ROM when the STM32MP1 series is shipped from the factory.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @KNam.2​ ,

Regarding schematics, no evident issue seems with a quick look.

I strongly encourage you to have a look to existing board schematics and the read AN5031.

For Boot failure, if BOOT pins are ok, and TF-A does not issue any UART traces.

I confirm BootROM is obviously present on all STM32MP1 products at the output of factory (MPUs have a real mask-ROM built during silicon manufacturing process).

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @KNam.2​ ,

Regarding schematics, no evident issue seems with a quick look.

I strongly encourage you to have a look to existing board schematics and the read AN5031.

For Boot failure, if BOOT pins are ok, and TF-A does not issue any UART traces.

I confirm BootROM is obviously present on all STM32MP1 products at the output of factory (MPUs have a real mask-ROM built during silicon manufacturing process).

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks patrickF for answering my question.

I have one more question.

The pin information used to boot from the SD card is listed in the web address.

[https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_code_overview#Image_loading]

​Here we do not use the PB9 pin. Is it okay not to use PB9?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkbo3QAA.png

No issue if you don't have external level translator (i.e. no support of UHS-I), but you should take into account that PB9 might toggle during initial phase when BootROM is loading FSBL. If this is an issue for your board, you could redefine the whole requested pins (PC12, PD2 and PC8) using OTP WORD3 and WORD5-7.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkdTlQAI.pngRegards.

The PB9 pin is not open now. So I was able to figure out the cause. thank you