cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157F-DK2 Wireless LAN not working

MFR
Associate II
Hi @Kevin HUBER ,

I am trying to up the WLAN on a custom Buildroot image using the kernel configuration as follow:

[*] IP: kernel level autoconfiguration [*] IP: DHCP support [*] IP: BOOTP support [*] IP: RARP support [M] INET: socket monitoring interface [M] The IPv6 protocol [*] DNS Resolver support [*] Wireless ---> [M] cfg80211 - wireless configuration API [*] cfg80211 wireless extensions compatibility [M] Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack (mac80211)

[*] Device Drivers  --->
    [*]   Network device support  --->
        [*]   Wireless LAN  --->
             [*]   Broadcom devices
                [M]   Broadcom FullMAC WLAN driver
this is the uploaded module:
# lsmod
Module Size Used by
b43 389120 0
mac80211 417792 1 b43
brcmutil 16384 0
tcp_diag 16384 0
sit 28672 0
libarc4 16384 1 mac80211
inet_diag 24576 1 tcp_diag
ip_tunnel 24576 1 sit
tunnel4 16384 1 sit
cfg80211 327680 2 b43,mac80211
ipv6 372736 19 sit

but i canoot see wlan0 interface, any help?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kevin HUBER ,

I am using custom buildroot image (not ST Linux), and with the setting above it failed to load the wlan0 interface.

Sorry I forgot to attached the ifconfig output which showed only eth0.

The lsmod just to show the driver loaded for wlan.

I have using different kernel version (6.1) and now its working. I presume the previous version of kernel (5.13) not really customized for the 157F-DK2 board 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @MFR ,

I'm not sure to understand why you want to see wlan0 in lsmod. lsod list the kernel modules that are loaded and interact with the kernel.

In your case, you have to follow the tutorial available on the wiki:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_setup_a_WLAN_connection#ifconfig

until the end of the section 3. You should normally be able to connect to your WIFI router.

There is no need to customize the linux configuration for that because the default configuration, which is the same than the starter package, already have everything to make wlan0 works.

Best Regards,
Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Kevin HUBER ,

I am using custom buildroot image (not ST Linux), and with the setting above it failed to load the wlan0 interface.

Sorry I forgot to attached the ifconfig output which showed only eth0.

The lsmod just to show the driver loaded for wlan.

I have using different kernel version (6.1) and now its working. I presume the previous version of kernel (5.13) not really customized for the 157F-DK2 board 

Thanks.