cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP15 ECO - SPI scmi device tree entry

debugging
Lead

Do the SPI interface need an entry in the SCMI file, as what I2C requires to work ?

if yes, So far could not find the exact entry for SPI2. According to the SCMI wiki not, but you never now. (:-))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @debugging ,
The answer is no, and the reason is the following : 

Regarding this chapter in the wiki, it tells that SCMI is used to provide clock tagged as secured (with TZEN=1). In the driver of clock of MP15 (clk-stm32mp1.c),  you will find a list of clock tagged as secured (look at stm32mp1_clock_secured[] table, in which you can find the ones that are provided by SCMI as you said (I2C4, I2C6..).

You see that SPI is not inside, so you can use RCC to provide your SPI clock.

I hope it will help,
Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @debugging ,
The answer is no, and the reason is the following : 

Regarding this chapter in the wiki, it tells that SCMI is used to provide clock tagged as secured (with TZEN=1). In the driver of clock of MP15 (clk-stm32mp1.c),  you will find a list of clock tagged as secured (look at stm32mp1_clock_secured[] table, in which you can find the ones that are provided by SCMI as you said (I2C4, I2C6..).

You see that SPI is not inside, so you can use RCC to provide your SPI clock.

I hope it will help,
Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
debugging
Lead

Thanks a lot.  Expected that based on the documentation but just wanted to make sure because I can't get SPI to work. With a logic analyzer I see the driver using SPI2 pulling Chip select, but MOSI and CLK only give one pulse. I did not enable DMA for SPI in CubeMX, perhaps that's the reason.. keep on trying....