cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No package 'wayland-client-protocol' found !

darla14
Senior

Hello ,

I am building one application using Open gl es code. but gettign this error.Not sure if it is error as the final applications is building fine but giving error while elaunching .

No package 'wayland-client-protocol' found

Finished building target: my application

on launching this application it gives :

========== init_wayland_system ==========

Error : No such file or directory

can't connect to wayland display

========== init_wayland_system ==========

WHats happening here?

Regards,

D

7 REPLIES 7
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @darla14​ ,

Could you please give me a little bit more information concerning your issue ?

• Are you using Distribution or Developer package to make your application ? (If Distribution, with which OpenSTLinux version ?)
  • Is it possible to share us your source code to replicate from our side ?

Regards.

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
darla14
Senior

Hello @Erwan SZYMANSKI​  ,

thanks for the reply,

I cross-compiled the application using the mpu toolchain ( in sdk) for the starter package I flashed,. It has some code that runs on the gpu.

Difficult to share sc ...but i will check..

what issue do you see?

Br,

Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @darla14​ ,

sorry for late answer, are you still blocked ?

Ok no problem for the SC, can you share me your Makefile or your compilation options (CCFLAGS, LDFLAGS etc..) with masking sensitive information if there are ?

Rgs.

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Moreover, do you have a weston service running when you try to execute your command ?

As far as I remember, using OpenGL ES with wayland-egl library needs it.

Regards.

Erwan.

Thanks @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ 

Let me check on all these points and come back !

Br,

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @darla14​ ,

Do you still need help on this issue?

Regards,

Kevin

Not now,thanks for the comment . @Kevin HUBER​ 

Regards,