cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple ADC for gpio

AVazquez
Associate III

Hi!! I have STM31mp157C and I want to use the ADC. 

I am exploring the available GPIOs and have observed that some are present in both ADC1 and ADC2.

For example, according to the datasheet, PA4 can be used with ADC1/ADC2.

unnamed.png

Is there any difference between measuring from ADC1 or ADC2?

Is there any use for a GPIO to be in both ADC1 and ADC2 (such as performance improvement, special modes of operation or similar)?

Thanks!

A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @AVazquez 

Either ADC1 and ADC2 have same performance.

Double connection allows more flexibility in channel assignment and might allows some particular usages in dual-ADC mode (simultaneous or alternate sampling). It is also due to some legacy with MCUs products.

Even is quite old, this AN could help to understand the various modes AN3116: STM32™'s ADC modes and their applications.

We provide the HW, it is sometimes up to our customers to find differentiator use cases to create added value on their final products.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @AVazquez 

Either ADC1 and ADC2 have same performance.

Double connection allows more flexibility in channel assignment and might allows some particular usages in dual-ADC mode (simultaneous or alternate sampling). It is also due to some legacy with MCUs products.

Even is quite old, this AN could help to understand the various modes AN3116: STM32™'s ADC modes and their applications.

We provide the HW, it is sometimes up to our customers to find differentiator use cases to create added value on their final products.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello everyone, if you can help me it's urgent.
Here I have a powerful Linux board development platform STM32MP157-MINI Linux Board,

CORE: STM32MP157DAA1_1GB-RAM_ 8GB-eMMC_CORE_BOARD_SOM

src 
I have these files in the src folder BOARD MINI but I don't understand how to build an image with the multi-channel mapping of the analog IO and PWM IO on the board on the external GPIO pins of the board, there is a bash script to quickly map Analog and PWM pins on the STM32MP157DAA1_1G- board RAM _ 8GB-eMMC or other fast technique?

Necessary to build image YOCTO whith integrate Mapping PIN Analog and PWM Motor:
1) YOCTO GUI image Fast boot system Fast system (boot system in less than 10 seconds with GUI and systemd and WiFI active on the card)
2) mapping on external GPIO pins at least 6*Analog channels for reading analog actuator sensors
3) mapping on external GPIO pins at least 3*PWM channels for real time motor control

STM32MP157DAA1_1GB-RAM_ 8GB-eMMC_CORE_BOARD_SOM

CORE_BOARD_ADC1_1.jpg

CORE_BOARD_ADC1_2_GPIO.jpg

Thank you in the meantime for your precious help