cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP157 Discovery Which Image from the deploy directory?

BarryKingLive
Associate

Hi Community,

I realise that this may be a very newbie question:

I have run all the steps as seen on the Wiki,

I followed these steps to the letter: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites
Folowed by:

mkdir -p st/build
cd st/build

repo init -u https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/oe-manifest.git -b refs/tags/openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21

repo sync

DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp15-disco source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-example-image-qtwayland

All these steps were completed successfully :heavy_check_mark:

I'm looking at the tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp15-disco/ directory and I am unable to figure out which of these I need to flash on to the SD card using etcher on my PC.

image.png

Could someone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @BarryKingLive ,

Here you are supposed to have a flashlayout_st-example-image-qtwayland folder, containing optee folder and itself containing the different TSV files that have been generated if everything were going well in your compilation step. This TSV file can be directly used with CubeProgrammer following Wiki information, or you can use the script located in tmp-glibc/deploy/images/<st_platform>/scripts as follows:

./create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh ../<your_flashlayout>/optee/<your_TSV>

I hope it will help you to go forward.
Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @BarryKingLive ,

Here you are supposed to have a flashlayout_st-example-image-qtwayland folder, containing optee folder and itself containing the different TSV files that have been generated if everything were going well in your compilation step. This TSV file can be directly used with CubeProgrammer following Wiki information, or you can use the script located in tmp-glibc/deploy/images/<st_platform>/scripts as follows:

./create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh ../<your_flashlayout>/optee/<your_TSV>

I hope it will help you to go forward.
Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Erwan!

This did the trick.