cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ksz8041 bring up

MWoło.2
Senior II

It seems that I have a problem with DMA, but I'm not sure. Would you please take a look at the below screen

0693W00000FDX7aQAH.pngDts looks

0693W00000FDX7zQAH.jpg0693W00000FDX84QAH.jpgI intend to achieve MII with self-generated quartz.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on this "Failed to reset the DMA".

22 REPLIES 22
MWoło.2
Senior II

Hi Olivier, Hi Patrick,

I think I got what is wrong. I experimented with RMII, and when no 50MHz appears on the clock "...fb," I have a DMA problem. It means that this is not a problem with DMA but with the missing clock. Additionally, I tested DIV, MUL in PLL, and when set 100MHz or 25MHz for RMII, it also indicated a DMA problem. Only 50MHz pass for RMII. So after reading the documentation RM0436 Rev 5 section Clock distribution for Ethernet (ETH), everything seems precise. Unfortunately, I can't understand why I have no clock on lines.

0693W00000GXe6TQAT.pngDo You have a receipt for that? Why on RXC and TXC I notice nothing, it should be 25MHz on both, am I right? If Yes, how to achieve this?

MWoło.2
Senior II

I measured both RXC and TXC using an oscilloscope, and is no sine waveform on both what I do wrong.

Hi,

both RXC and TXC come from PHY. So, some investigations are needed around PHY:

From SW log, I understand KSZ8041 is discovered, so the MDIO bus is working. Maybe also linked to a microchip driver issue in MII mode.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.