cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use the B-LCDAD-HDMI adapter (bridge chip ADV7533) on the STM32MP157a-ev1 board

MBassi
Associate III

Hi @PatrickF​ I think the previous question reached the maximum number of replies, so I write a new one hoping I'm doing well.

Here's my weston.ini

[core]
#modules=cms-colord.so
shell=desktop-shell.so
backend=drm-backend.so
idle-time=0
repaint-window=100
require-input=false

[keyboard]
keymap_layout=us

[shell]
background-image=/usr/share/weston/backgrounds/ST13028_Linux_picto_11_1366x768.png
background-color=0xff002244
background-type=centered
clock-format=minutes
panel-color=0x90a1a1a1
panel-position=top
locking=false
animation=none
startup-animation=none
close-animation=none
focus-animation=none
binding-modifier=ctrl
#num-workspaces=6
#cursor-theme=whiteglass
#cursor-size=24

#lockscreen-icon=/usr/share/icons/gnome/256x256/actions/lock.png
#lockscreen=/usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Garden.jpg
#homescreen=/usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Blinds.jpg

[launcher]
icon=/usr/share/weston/icon/utilities-terminal.png
path=/usr/bin/weston-terminal

[launcher]
icon=/usr/share/weston/icon/space.png                           
path=/bin/true                                                  

[launcher]                                                       
icon=/usr/share/weston/icon_flower.png                           
path=/usr/bin/weston-flower                                                       

[launcher]                                                                        
path=/bin/true                                                                    

[launcher]                                                                        
icon=/usr/share/weston/icon/ST13345_Products_light_blue_24x24.png                 
path=/usr/local/demo/demo_launcher.py                                         

[launcher]                                                                          
path=/bin/true                                                                      

[input-method]                                                                      
path=/usr/libexec/weston-keyboard                                                   

# HDMI connector                                                                    
# If the hdmi cable is plugged, weston uses the hdmi output (else dsi output).      
# Use the command "systemctl restart weston" after pluging/unpluging the hdmi cable.
[output]                                                                            
name=HDMI-A-1                                                                       
mode=preferred                                                                      
# mode=1024x600                                                                      
trasform=90                                                                         

# DSI connector                                                                     
[output]                                                                            
name=DSI-1                                                                          
mode=preferred                                                                      
# transform=270                                                                     
trasform=flipped

#libinput                                                                         
#enable_tap=true                                                                    

#touchpad                                                                         
#constant_accel_factor = 50                                                         
#min_accel_factor = 0.16                                                            
#max_accel_factor = 1.0                                                             

[screen-share]                                                                      
command=/usr/bin/weston --backend=rdp-backend.so --shell=fullscreen-shell.so --no-clients-resize

#xwayland                                                                                     
#path=/usr/bin/Xwayland

In [output] section of HDMI-A-1 I tried mode=preferred and mode=1024x600 (the same resolution I obtain with modetest -M stm), but changes made to output sections seem to take no effect on my dipslay, while connected to my ev1 neither restarting weston nor rebooting the board; I also tried adding trasform=flipped in output section but nothing changes. Now I'll try reading the guide you linked me maybe it could give me a deeper understanding.

Best regardsL

Marco. 

P.S.

I tag my colleague who could be interested @Raggio​ @LOrci.1​ 

1 REPLY 1
MBassi
Associate III

Hi @PatrickF​, 

First, I checked weston but at the moment the only thing I found that could be useful for my tissue, is written in the comment of [output] section in weston.ini: "If the hdmi cable is plugged, weston uses the hdmi output (else dsi output).". So I'm not sure, but the fact ADV7533 is connected through dsi could generate trouble if weston exclude dsi output when hdmi cable is plugged (I don't know if this is its real behaviour)? Have done some others changes to dsi other than the one reported in your DT?

Second the only other part of DT that could be different from your is the hdmi-out, here's mine, is it right or I missed something?

Best Regards

Marco.

hdmi-out {
		 compatible = "hdmi-connector";
		 type = "a";

port {
			 hdmi_con: endpoint {
					 remote-endpoint = <&adv7533_out>;
				 };
			 };
	 };