cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have problem with star STM32MP153AAC3. I can't see it on STM32CubeProgrammer. Where I have mistake?

АЖулд.1
Associate

0693W00000HokuSQAR.jpg0693W00000HokuXQAR.jpg0693W00000HokuNQAR.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

I see no USB OTG connections on USB_DP2/DM2 (which is the main CubeProgrammer interface) nor crystal on HSE pins (mandatory for USB).

Notice that for STM32MP MPU products, JTAG/SWD is only used for debugging and not used for Flashing. So cubeProgrammer does not connect using STLINK but rather using USB DFU on USB_DP2/USB_DM2 pins (I remind that HSE clocking is mandatory for USB to work).

For good start point before doing a custom board, please have a look to AN5031 and also to development boards EV1 or DK2 schematics.

I also recommend to read MPU wiki and FAQ (here and here)

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

I see no USB OTG connections on USB_DP2/DM2 (which is the main CubeProgrammer interface) nor crystal on HSE pins (mandatory for USB).

Notice that for STM32MP MPU products, JTAG/SWD is only used for debugging and not used for Flashing. So cubeProgrammer does not connect using STLINK but rather using USB DFU on USB_DP2/USB_DM2 pins (I remind that HSE clocking is mandatory for USB to work).

For good start point before doing a custom board, please have a look to AN5031 and also to development boards EV1 or DK2 schematics.

I also recommend to read MPU wiki and FAQ (here and here)

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.