cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi STM team, I am planning to use STM32MP131A/D MPU in a project, So I would like to know how long it is possible for STM to provide software support?

MB.13
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MB.13​ ,

ST will provide software support as long as production commitment ( see 10-year-longevity agreement ).

Our OpenSTLinux release schedule follow the kernel LTS rules by a rebase every year followed by 2 years maintenance support.

We might soon communicate more precisely about it.

If you want further details please contact your local FAE.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Typically expect that to be as long as it's a current product and staff aren't reassigned to newer products.

With Open Source you'll have access to the source, and you'll need to take ownership of that and maintenance of it and deviations to the reference design you introduce.

Longevity commitments tend to revolve around availability of ICs in production, not staff availability, continuity of employment, nor commitments to future kernel support and back porting.

Speak to your local sales rep or FAE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MB.13​ ,

ST will provide software support as long as production commitment ( see 10-year-longevity agreement ).

Our OpenSTLinux release schedule follow the kernel LTS rules by a rebase every year followed by 2 years maintenance support.

We might soon communicate more precisely about it.

If you want further details please contact your local FAE.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hi Olivier GALLIEN,
Can you please let me know from when this 10years longevity agreement started?
Warm Regards,
Mythili B

please see related post: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002GweDUSAZ/hi-stm-teamcan-you-suggest-how-long-stm32mp131ad-mpu-part-will-be-in-production-phase