cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install the M4 firmware only with stlink line with STM32CubeIDE?

MJo.3
Associate II

Hi

I'm testing the firmware code using STM32MP157D-DK board.

The current configuration for testing use st-link CN11 and ethernet to upload firmware program by using STM32CubeIDE.

My question is, Is it possible to do the simmiar firmware program uploading only with st-link CN11 connection?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MJo.3​ ,

Yes it's what we call "engineering mode" where you can debug/tune the M4 firmware in an "MCU like" way

refer to STM32CubeMP1 development guidelines - stm32mpu

Change boot switch of your board :

STM32MP157x-DKx - hardware description - stm32mpu

And see the option in CubIDE debug configuration.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi!

Thanks for fast response.

I make the device that use both M4 and A7 chip and it's covered by a plastic cover.

After the firmware code pass the test, It will be installed in M4 chip and the plastic cover will cover the chip.

I will make a stlink port on cover if I can upload the code only with it.

But currently, using ethernet and stlink both is Only way I know.

The solution you gave me isn't fit my situation because That need the switching the switch on the board. So, Is there any way that debug/upload the M4 firmware code only with stlink line when the whole program uses the A7,M4 both and not touching a board at all?

Thanks.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MJo.3​ ,

Ok so you always target Production mode with Linux on A7.

In that case you can't "load" the firmware with CubeIDE/ST-Link but just attach on it and debug.

You need to have a way to provide the firmware in Linux file system and send a command to start the firmware.

CubeIDE use ethernet connection to do it.

What's your constraint regarding the today way of working ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.