cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Package, LIC_FILES_CHKSUM fails

JMour.2
Associate II

Hi, 

I have an issue while building the Distribution Package. I have created a new layer and tried to add different programs with CORE_IMAGE_BASE_INSTALL_append. I have succeeded to add programs like python3, wvdial, etc. I also want to add nano and networkmanager but I get these errors:

11 REPLIES 11
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

The errors you got mean there are some discrepancies between the expected checksums of the licenses and the ones retrieved from the sources.

Check that the values of LIC_FILES_CHKSUM in each recipe corresponds to the values you get from the code source you download.

Best regards,

--JM

JMour.2
Associate II

I understand that. I haven't made any changes to the file that is mentioned in the error-log. I have tried to change the checksum to the suggested one but it still doesn't work.

This is what I have done:

I changed the LIC_FILE_CHKSUM in /Distribution_Package/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/file/file_5.38.bb line 9, from md5=0251eaec1188b20d9a72c502ecfdda1b to md5=5fa2cfe7ebf1fac0d01bc54cbf56a6a4

I attach a screenshot of the error.

Hi @Community member​ 

Hum, that's strange. Could you revert your changes to the LIC_FILES_CHKSUM and then run the commands to clean the bitbake cache please?

$ bitbake -c cleansstate file
$ bitbake -c cleansstate libndp

Then, re-launch the commands:

$ bitbake file
$ bitbake libndp

Best regards,

--JM

JMour.2
Associate II

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I did the cleansstate first and took screenshots of the errors while trying to bitbake file and libndp:0693W00000DmeI3QAJ.png0693W00000DmeFjQAJ.pngBest regards,

Jacob

Hi @Community member​ 

I just clone the GIT repository of file and it gives me the expected checksum. Could you check your recipe file_5.38.bb in layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/file shows the line

SRCREV = "ec41083645689a787cdd00cb3b5bf578aa79e46c"

Same thing for the GIT repository of libndp: it gives me the expected checksum. So could you check your recipe libndp_1.7.bb in layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-connectivity/libndp shows the line

SRCREV = "96674e7d4f4d569c2c961e865cc16152dfab5f09"

If yes in both cases, it may be a problem with the downloaded packages. From your home directory, go to the directory Public/oe-downloads/git2 and remove the entries related to file and libndp. That should be the commands

$ cd ~/Public/oe-downloads/git2
$ rm -rf github.com.file.file.git* github.com.jpirko.libndp*

Then, replay the bitbake commands to build file and libndp

Best regards,

--JM

edit : remove spurious line after my signature

Hi @Jean-Marc B​ 

The recipe file_5.38.bb shows the expected line.

I don't have a libndp folder in the openembedded-core layer. I found the recipe libndp_1.7.bb in layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/libndp. That file includes the SRCREV line.

However, I don't have the oe-downloads folder on my computer. I do have the git2 folder but it's located in /home/osboxes/Distribution_Package/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/build-openstlinuxeglfs-stm32mp1/downloads/git2

Do you want me to remove the entries related to file and libndp from that folder instead?

Best regards,

Jacob

@Community member​ 

I am sorry for the approximation.

About the git2 folder, yes, remove the entries related to file and libndp (one directory and one *.done file for each).

Best regards,

--JM

Hi again,

Unfortunately, I get the same errors again. It didn't solve the problem.

Best regards,

Jacob

Hi @Community member​ 

Except making a new attempt from scratch, I don't know how to fix these errors.

Could you make a new attempt with the original environment and check the errors are not here? Then add sequentially your changes and make a test for each change? So we could check when these errors appear.

Best regards,

--JM