cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation breaking on custom machine

NP
Associate II

In the recently, for the past few days, I am facing this new issue that, if i compile for my custom som and program, i always get this error. But if I dont do any add-on of packages, I works fine.

I even added a simple package like "vim" using IMAGE_INSTALL in addons/conf/machine/<machine_name>.conf file .

I tried creating new directory and adding files and building from scratch multiple times. Still no success. It always crashes after resizing the partition.

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @NP​ ,

As your crash happens only when you add you add-on on top of OpenSTLinux delivery, you have a good research scope to find your issue now.

Can you share me the modifications you do that cause the boot issue ?

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply. As said, Even if i add a line as "IMAGE_INSTALL= " vim " " in my machine_name.conf . It doesnt work.

Also I see one warning in console. Pls find the pic.

Are you sure you are not overwriting all the IMAGE_INSTALL with doing this ?

Can you try with a IMAGE_INSTALL += " vim \ " ?

Rgs,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
NP
Associate II

Hmm. Got it. But i always use the format as shown below. I just copy pasted from my config file now.

IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " vim "

@NP​ ,

As a test purpose, can you please come back in the situation that works for you (I mean, when you do not add any package), and after that, try to install an extra package from the local conf ?

To do it, you can add in <build..>/conf/local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " vim \"

This is just for test purpose, to see if this is really the action to add a new package that causes you trouble, or anything else.

Kind regards,

Erwan.