cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use GPU on a custom board.

EKIRT.1
Associate II

We boot up the odyssey Stm32mp157c board with distribution package. While booting the display is working but when i try to run qt examples it gives core dump error. Also there is no connector or encoder in the output of modetest. I could't figure out where to look. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EKIRT.1
Associate II

The solution is adding all LTDC endpoints in the LTDC node. After that it worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EKIRT.1
Associate II

I would appreciate for any help...

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @EKIRT.1​ ,

I understand you are using odyssey board from Seeed.

Did you try to get support from them ?

Are you using Distribution package from them or the one from ST ?

As first hint I would recommend to pay attention to the EULA acceptance in order GPU to be enabled.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_create_your_own_machine#Create_symbolic_link_for_EULA_with_new_machine_created

Else QT integration require some specific configuration and the last DV3.0 from ST.

STM32MP15 OpenSTLinux release note - v3.0.0

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/QT_overview

Here under another link which may help to troubleshoot your issue :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Wayland_Weston_troubleshooting_grid

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @EKIRT.1​ ,

In case of next iteration, please provide your log as plain text rather than picture.

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
EKIRT.1
Associate II

Thanks for the answer. I updated the question with text files. I checked the EULA and it is correct. Also im using v3.0 OpenSTLinux. I don't think Qt is the problem. As you can see in the text files there is no encoder or connector linked to DRM. I'm using orisetech otm8009a DSI display and focaltech 6236 touch screen. Both of them are not working. But splash screen show up at boot time.

EKIRT.1
Associate II

I just realized the splash screen is u-boot splash screen. So, drm-splash-screen is also not getting loaded. I guess DSI node doesn't loading properly. Some LTDC pins are the different from Stm32mp157c-dk2, beside that there is no difference between DSI and LTDC nodes of two boards. What may be the reason for this?

PatrickF
ST Employee

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

EKIRT.1
Associate II

The solution is adding all LTDC endpoints in the LTDC node. After that it worked like a charm.