cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my board use poweroff and it reboot

Xxiao.3
Associate II

my board have not use pmic and i use poweroff close the board. it will reboot and tf-a report reset reason (0x814) for NRST

4 REPLIES 4
Xxiao.3
Associate II

0693W00000BcZ3uQAF.png

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

If you expect to poweroff the supplies, I think you have provisioned some external HW for that (to power off and able to power on again with e.g. a button or a request from RTC/TAMP). Which interface you have for that (I2C, GPIOs, ?)

I think TF-A should be adapted to your HW.

Regards.

Patrick

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Xxiao.3
Associate II

i have two version hw. ver.1 can use poweroff to close, but ver.2 can't both have same power support. ver.2 use poweroff and it will be go into bor_rst and reset the board.

Hi,

When you shutdown supplies including VDD, it is normal behavior to get a NRST=0 when VDD became too low. This cannot be avoided.

For example, if you use a GPIO output to start an HW shutdown to your supplies, the NRST=0 will put back all GPIOs to high-z which might put the power supplies back to ON state.

It is up to your board HW to ignore this and continue the HW shutdown sequence until complete platform power-off.

it is usually tricky to have such power on/off HW mechanism reliable. STPMIC1 is more handy for doing this.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.