cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install the developer package on the STM32MP157D-EV1 board using "Windows os" STM32Cubeprogrammer program?

kKim.1
Associate II

I even installed the starter package in EMMC boot mode.

And I want to install a developer package.

I want to install SDK, can I use STM32MP157D-EV1 board using STM32Cube Programmer in Windows OS?

Ubuntu 18.04 was installed in virtualbox and STM32Cubeprogrammer was installed. However, the program cannot read the STM32 board on the USB port.

I want to install Ubuntu 18.04 on the STM32MP157D-EV1 board. Is there any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @kKim.1​ ,

There's no way to install Ubuntu 18.04 or SDK on the target board STM32MP157D-EV1.

It looks like you mixed Host / PCs requirement and ecosystem side and the target side.

On Host side : Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on which you can install developper package (SDK + source code) or Distribution ( Yocto)

Target side : Only support OpenSTLinux executable binaries cross-compiled on you PCs thanks to Developper or Distribution package and download with STM32CubeProg on your boot device (eMMC, SDCard et.. )

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @kKim.1​ ,

There's no way to install Ubuntu 18.04 or SDK on the target board STM32MP157D-EV1.

It looks like you mixed Host / PCs requirement and ecosystem side and the target side.

On Host side : Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on which you can install developper package (SDK + source code) or Distribution ( Yocto)

Target side : Only support OpenSTLinux executable binaries cross-compiled on you PCs thanks to Developper or Distribution package and download with STM32CubeProg on your boot device (eMMC, SDCard et.. )

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.