cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apt-openstlinux-ai package

Tobias_Klein
Associate

I'm using the Board STM32MP157F-DK2 on a Linux Ubuntu 22.04

I was trying to follow the 1.3.1 step at 'https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/X-LINUX-AI_Starter_package#Install_all_X-LINUX-AI_packages', when this happened:

~ apt-get install ./apt-openstlinux-ai_1.0_armhf.deb 

Reading package lists... Done   

Building dependency tree... Done 

Note, selecting 'apt-openstlinux-ai' instead of './apt-openstlinux-ai_1.0_armhf' 

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. 

The following information may help to resolve the situation: 

The following packages have unmet dependencies: 

apt-openstlinux-ai : Depends: apt-openstlinux (>= 5.0-r0) but 4.0-r0.4 is to bd E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. 

How can i update the apt-openstlinux? When i tried to update directly through terminal, it just retorned that it's already at the most recent version:

~ apt install apt-openstlinux

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
apt-openstlinux is already the newest version (4.0-r0.4).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I think I've downloaded the 'STM32MP1 OpenSTLinux Starter Package 5.0.0' as it ordered, but I can't surpass this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Tobias_Klein 

I think you have some discrepancies between the installed image on your board and the AI apt configuration.

From the output you gave, I see the package apt-openstlinux is based on the tag 4.0. It means the installed OpenSTLinux image is based on the ecosystem 4.0.0

If you wish to continue with this image, please download the corresponding AI apt configuration:

wget http://extra.packages.openstlinux.st.com/AI/4.0/pool/config/a/apt-openstlinux-ai/apt-openstlinux-ai_1.0_armhf.deb

And then install this package and do the update as described in the documentation.

However, I would strongly advise you to update your OpenSTLinux ecosystem to the last available version 5.0.0.

Best regards

--JM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Tobias_Klein 

I think you have some discrepancies between the installed image on your board and the AI apt configuration.

From the output you gave, I see the package apt-openstlinux is based on the tag 4.0. It means the installed OpenSTLinux image is based on the ecosystem 4.0.0

If you wish to continue with this image, please download the corresponding AI apt configuration:

wget http://extra.packages.openstlinux.st.com/AI/4.0/pool/config/a/apt-openstlinux-ai/apt-openstlinux-ai_1.0_armhf.deb

And then install this package and do the update as described in the documentation.

However, I would strongly advise you to update your OpenSTLinux ecosystem to the last available version 5.0.0.

Best regards

--JM

Tobias_Klein
Associate

Thank you for the response @Jean-Marc B !

You are right, actually thought I've installed the OpenSTLinux 5.0.0, but as it wasn't working, I tried to install again.

I realized that, at some point at the Download, my USB connection deactivated and VirtualBox haven't connected automatically, but I didn't realize it at that time and thought it was complete. So I was still using the ecosystem 4.0.0:

DISTRO_VERSION = 4.0.1-openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15.1

Now it actually installed.

DISTRO_VERSION = 4.2.1-openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21

And the "apt-openstlinux-ai_1.0_armhf.deb" installed.

Gratefully,

Tobias Klein.