Hi,

I am compiling a yocto custom layer, I am using this layers

poky/meta-poky \
poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
meta-openembedded/meta-python \
meta-st-stm32mp \
custom-image \

I was able to connect the LBEE5KL1DX Murata module to wifi via STA, however, I would like to use switch to the AP mode, I followed the steps in the post https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_a_WLAN_interface_on_hotspot_mode

After that, i am able to see the AP when I look in a smartphone, but after logging with the password configured, I see the message "IP configuration failure " on my smartphone.

One thing I see suspicious is the inet when i run the command "ifconfig"

Screenshot from 2023-08-23 17-37-40.png

Another thing i see weird is when i run the "networkctl status wlan0" command, specifically the Network File variable

Screenshot from 2023-08-23 17-40-13.png

I also tried executing the bash script from a repository and it didn't work either https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-openstlinux/blob/dunfell/recipes-samples/hotspot-wifi/files/st-hotspot-wifi-service.sh

Any help is very appreciated, thank you,

ObedPH

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @obedPH ,

Could you please explains you full setup by what you call AP ? 

eg is it like : Smartphone (hotpost wifi) < wlan > MP15 <eth> PC or something else ? 

Please also confirm the ecosystem you are using and provide content of /lib/systemd/network/51-wireless.network  and /lib/systemd/network/80-wired.network

Thanks 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
obedPH
Associate III

Hello @Olivier GALLIEN,

Thank you for your response and willingness to assist. I'd like to provide you with more details about my setup and the issue I'm experiencing:

1. Configuration: I am attempting to connect other devices, such as my smartphone and PC, wirelessly to a Wi-Fi network generated by the STM32MP157F-DK2. My current setup looks like this:

• Smartphone (Wi-Fi hotspot) <-> [Wireless Connection] <-> STM32MP157F-DK2 (Access Point). I want just to be able to connect to the Access Point, since I want to open a webserver, and then, in the webserver in certain port, I want to write the SSID and PASSWORD credentials of another Wifi network (this network has the internet connection), basically, I want to setup my wifi credentials in a webserver, that's why I need my STMPU working as an Access Point.
  2. Access Point (AP): I am configuring the STM32MP157F-DK2 to function as an Access Point, allowing other devices to connect to it wirelessly.

3. Environment: I am using yocto with the 5.15.67 kernel version in my development environment.

4. This is the content of my /lib/systemd/network/51-wireless.networkobedPH_0-1693935610318.png
  5. This is the content of my /lib/systemd/network/80-wired.network obedPH_1-1693935688706.png

Thank you very much, regards