cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MPF-DK2 external Linux kernel module adding an issue

mclapd
Associate II

Hi,

I am doing "4.Adding an external out-of-tree Linux kernel module" at the below link.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_cross-compile_with_the_Distribution_Package

I am suffering from a module building problem and got the message below. I don't have much knowledge about Linux so it looks pretty hard to fix the issue by myself. Could you kind help me how to solve this issue? Thanks!

| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install

| install: cannot stat '/home/ckim/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.0.0/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp15-disco/kernel_module_example/kernel_module_example.ko': No such file or directory

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

ERROR: Task (/home/ckim/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP1-Ecosystem-v4.0.0/Distribution-Package/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp15-disco/workspace/recipes/mymodule/mymodule.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @mclapd​ ,

Sorry to come late in this thread.

Did you figure it out or do you still need help ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Oliver,

I have not fixed the problem but I have dropped the STM32MP evaluation for my project. The development environment setup was very hard for me. If my company wants to resume or use the STM32MP, I will resume the work and ask you to help with my issue. Thanks.