cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test the oversampling functionality on the STM32MP157C MPU

iheb
Associate III

Hello, i am working on the STM32MP157C to use its ADCs. at first i was only using the iio framwork on linux , however it is limited. so i'm trying the examples on the (github page) using the Linux Remoteproc . my board configuration is different since that i'm using OSD32MP1-brk. I am using the SWD to debug the MPU using ST-link V2 as shown in the figure 1.

st-link_v2_usb_stm8_stm32_debugger_1-1356417089.jpegFigure1: ST-LINK V2 USB Dongle Programmer

Now after compiling the code and Loading the compiled ELF firmware in the remote processor memory using the cube mx ide and the provided shell scrip in the example it seems to run without issues. how ever i have no indication of what the ADCs are doing, with the debugger i was only using engineering mode to compile and load it to the M4 but then linux isn't running so the variables are showing empty... 

I don't know if i'm doing the right thing or not since i'm not using the development board that was originaly used for the examples. since that i have i different pin mapping in the device tree.

Can any one help me and tell me what to do to correctly to get to test these examples or tell me what am i doing wrong? or if there is an other method to test the oversampling functionality on the stm32mp157c ?
thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iheb
Associate III

Update, this USB debugger works perfectly on the device i was able to test the programs.

here are the steps :

1- connect the debugger to the board using the SWD pins .

2- Connect the debugger to the pc

3- on the ST IDE you should be having the USB debugger device showing up (update the firmware if needed)
4- develop your code or use the example in my case i just blink an LED by changing the "stm32mp1xx_eval.h" to match the pins on the board

5- compile and debug ..

finally for now every thing works fine but when i upload the code to the openstlinux using the remoteproc on linux and execute the elf file the LED is not blinking .. even though the pins are declared on the device tree

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
iheb
Associate III

Update, this USB debugger works perfectly on the device i was able to test the programs.

here are the steps :

1- connect the debugger to the board using the SWD pins .

2- Connect the debugger to the pc

3- on the ST IDE you should be having the USB debugger device showing up (update the firmware if needed)
4- develop your code or use the example in my case i just blink an LED by changing the "stm32mp1xx_eval.h" to match the pins on the board

5- compile and debug ..

finally for now every thing works fine but when i upload the code to the openstlinux using the remoteproc on linux and execute the elf file the LED is not blinking .. even though the pins are declared on the device tree