cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GCNano GPU stack

Ronte.1
Associate II

I'm testing the Developer Package for STM32MP157c-dk2 demo board. Starter Pack is installed. When I compile the kernel as described in the Dev. Package's "README_HOW_TO.txt" file and update the kernel, The "Cube" example ceases running. It only says "No GCNANO GPU STACK capabilities to run 3D GPU demo. What I'm missing here ?

The boot log says something about galcore time out.

6 REPLIES 6
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Ronte.1​ ,

Please provide full log while booting and launching "3D Cube" demo app and describe further how you generate and upgrade kernel on board.

Did you properly apply patch on kernel prior to build ? Did you change anything in sources ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi

Here is the boot log attached, I pressed the 3D GPU icon, but there were no log lines.

I did apply the patches as described in README.HOW-TO.txt.

I compiled the kernel and modules as described in the file, then copied to the sdcard as described.

BR Raimo

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Ronte.1​ ,

Please reply using Community in browser and do not reply from mail. This feature is broken.

Could you reattach the log ?

In the meantime I'm wondering if solution is not in this thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000JiZmuSAF/stm32mp157caa3-galcoreko

You may need to also build and install the modules

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ronte.1
Associate II

Here's the log file.

I guess that the solution is not in that thread because the galcore time-outs exist there too.

Raimo

SScar.2
Senior

I think I faced the same issue @Community member​ .

The problem was basically that you MUST recompile also the gnanodriver and push it on the board, in order to make the 3dCube example work properly. You just have to follow the steps in README_HOW_TO of gcnano-driver-stm32mp-6.4.7-stm32mp1-r1-rc2-r0 folder.

NOTE: the declaration of KERNEL_BUILDDIR is not very clear. In a few words, it's the directory where you compiled the kernel (following the steps of README_HOW_TO of the kernel). so, in the suggested case you created a directory for the compiled files, you have to use

KERNEL_BUILDDIR=../../linux-stm32mp-5.15.24-stm32mp1-r1-r0/build/

of course, adapting the correct version of the kernel.

I may suggest to ST to make these instructions clearer! It's not easy to understand for a Linux noob!

Simone

Hello @SScar.2​ ,

Yes we assume that this gcnano point is a little bit tricky to get for a newcomer in Kernel Linux world.

Few months ago, we added this paragraph in the Developer Package wiki article to explain that the module depends on Kernel version.

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

Kind regards,

Erwan.