cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling Perl using ./configure not working as expected using the DeveloperPackage toolchain

FBoar.1
Associate II

Hi,

Please, I still trying all the ways to have Perl so far I know I should recompile it but using the toolchain I having errors out of the box.

echo ${CONFIGURE_FLAGS}

--target=arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi --host=arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi --build=x86_64-linux --with-libtool-sysroot=/home/boaretti/Development/stm32/DeveloperPackage/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi

Follow the error when using ./configure ${CONFIGURE_FLAGS}

Configuring primary perl executable for arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi (arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi)

Checking perl version ... perl5-5.30.1

Checking for cc ... ERROR: Supplied arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mthumb -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/home/boaretti/Development/stm32/DeveloperPackage/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi is not usable

ERROR: configure --mode=target failed

Any suggestion ?

Thank You so much !

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @FBoar.1​ ,

Can you clarify what you are trying to do ?

You want to get perl on target ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
FBoar.1
Associate II

Hi Olivier,

I`m trying to cross-compile AWS kvssink to be used with the Gstreamer the problem I`m facing

it uses Pearl on openssl, the Developer Package is missing multiple Pearl modules and no matter what I try to compile the Pearl from scratch it still returning the compiler is not usable. It uses Autotools to compile ( ./configure) so any help on that is welcome. My team is about to start to work on a real product that demand it.

Thank You so Much

Fabio Boaretti dos Santos