cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications regarding OpenSTLinux

Srikanth1
Senior

Hello

We have built OpenSTLinux(Openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21) for stm32mp157f-dk2 Board and I have built st-image-weston image. Iam new to this Yocto,so I request you to help with the following:

• How to make changes in dts & dtsi files (u-boot & Linux) and source files and build the image.
  • And Iam working on display, I would like to write an application and run it on the display. So hoping to get help regarding how to add Qt (Qt5) packages and the respective libraries so that i could run a GUI on the display.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth.R

3 REPLIES 3
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Srikanth1 ,

regarding you first request you can do changes and generate the .dts files with CubeMX tool this can be done by following this WIKI article which depict the steps to follow:
STM32 MPU device tree - stm32mpu
How to compile the device tree with the Developer Package - stm32mpu
regarding the second point you can follow the following this GitHub link to add support for QT:

STMicroelectronics/meta-st-x-linux-qt (github.com)
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Srikanth1
Senior

Hello 

I apologise for the late response

We have changed the version to Openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v23.07.26  from Openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21 for for stm32mp157f-dk2 board.

We have successfully and flashed the image and executed the Qt-examples.But when we are trying to run a custom application(the executable file of Qt).But we get an error message.The error message is mentioned in the attached screenshot. 

it seems that your executable is trying to link to the dynamic library libatomic.so which cannot be found in you file system default path under /lib so either import it manually to this placement or if you can use a static link method in your QT project to ensure that your executable can run in a standalone mode.

You can list the shared library dependencies which your executable is dependent upon. The ldd <name-of-executable> command does that for you. 
you can add the libatpomic.so by following this guide (see Include a prebuilt shared library) .
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.