cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building debian package with "arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi-gcc" and dpkg-buildpackage.

ajava
Associate II

Which setting do i need?

right now i try to build u-boot as debian package with follwoing settings:

dpkg-buildpackage -a arm

At the begining of the compilation i get following error:

dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type arm-linux-gnu does not match CC system type arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi, try setting a correct CC environment variable

Nevertheless it compiles successfully but the problem is that after the comliation the packager fails with follwoing error:

Can't exec "arm-linux-gnu-objcopy": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 475.

As you can see it search for arm-linux-gnu-objcopy and not the one i have specifed by openst-weston-compiler!

What are the right calling parameters for dpg-buildpackage and "arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi"-Compiler ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JeanPhilippeR
ST Employee

Hi @ajava​ 

You probably need to initialise the cross-compilation via SDK:

---------------------------------------

* Source SDK environment:

$> source <path to SDK>/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-neon-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi

* To verify if you cross-compilation environment are put in place:

$> set | grep CROSS

CROSS_COMPILE=arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi-

Warning: the environment are valid only on the shell session where you have sourced the sdk environment.

Do not hesitate to have a look at the wiki page for the STM32MP1 Developer Package: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Developer_Package_-_SDK

Best regards

Jean-Philippe