cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board/MCU to manage camera, oled display, and usb flash drive?

Lalo91
Associate II

Hello!

I'm new at ST!

I'm looking to rebuild a project I built on a SBC (rpi4), but now in a board for commercial use and mass production, as for now I bought nucleo64 - F401 for testing.

The project consist on connecting a webcam, displaying photos on a OLED display, and saving photos on a usb-drive.

Is this possible with Nucleo board? Or, is there any other board/way you guys recommend?

I heard that the best way is definitely a Linux SoC. If so, any suggestion?

Thanks, I'm open for literally any kind of advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

The suggestion to go on Linux OS to manage this kind of use case is obviously a good choice I think. Linux has a great set of multimedia support/example, you will be able to find a lot of information to setup your project. In this configuration, you could go on our STM32MP157F-DK2 board to make your test, as it benefits the GPU inside.

Warning, maybe check in advance that you will have the good Linux driver for your panel, and that you stay in the range of performances that the MP15 can support.

Concerning USB-drive to save your photos, you will have a very easy support with the MP15, and not difficulties to setup your use case.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Lalo91
Associate II

Hello Erwan, thanks for your reply.

I just look at the STM32MP157F-DK2 board as you mention, seems it must use an sd-card to work (same as the rpi). My question is, do you have anything else? I heard that sd cards can damage if the project is in enviroments with high vibrations (which this is the case).

On the othet hand, I also work with the GPIO. And seems that the board you mention, doesn not have any GPIO.

Thanks for your time.

Hello @Community member​ ,

On the STM32MP157F-DK2, we only support SD card to boot as this is a discovery board. The STM32MP15 SoC itself also support eMMC, NAND flash and NOR flash boot.

On the Evaluation board, such as STM32MP157F-EV1, you have the possibility to use eMMC, NOR and NAND for example.

More information here.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.