cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Serial NAND Flash on QSPI1 to boot/load full system

roland van straten
Associate III

I want to use a Winbond W25M02Gxx 256MByte (2x1Gbit) on MP157 QSPI1 port. It seems that the boot mode supports the use of Serial NAND Flash.

Anyone tried this?

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

Although low level boot is already available (BootROM), Serial-NAND is not yet supported in STM32MPU Ecosystem (Linux, TF-A, uBoot, CubeMX, CubeProgrammer, etc..).

Please wait for future announcements.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
roland van straten
Associate III

That's a pity. If I read your message correctly: I can boot from NOR and/or NAND Flash from the embedded boot loader (depending on the BOOT0..2 pins. However, I need to add an eMMC or SDCARD to be able to bring up a system? Correct?

Is there a time line?

PatrickF
ST Employee

Today, you already have multiple options as boot sources :

• NOR (QUADSPI) + SLC NAND (FMC) (or NOR+eMMC or NOR+SD-Card although those are less sensible for a product)
  • SLC NAND (FMC)
  • eMMC
  • SD-Card

see https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Boot_chains_overview#Overview_2

Regarding Serial-NAND, you can only load FSBL (TF-A) from Serial-NAND to SYSRAM (this is done by the BootROM), but this TF-A and the remaining of the boot chain (uBoot, Linux) is not yet publicly available with Serial-NAND options.

For more details, please contact your nearest local ST support.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.