cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD on STM32MP135

VANDERELST
Associate

Hello. I am desperately trying to connect a St Link (V2 and V3) to a news card. The chip is an STM32MP135. This component is equipped with lines allowing connection via the SWD protocol. However, the STM is not recognised. How can I hope to contact the chip via SWD?
Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @VANDERELST ,
Please find the steps to begin to play with the card on the ST wiki : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP13_Discovery_kits_-_Starter_Package

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VANDERELST
Associate
  • Hello. The problem is as follows: I can't communicate with the microprocessor via the SWD interface. The solution you suggested doesn't even cover this communication! I deduce that this JTAG/SWD port is non-functional on your products. Yours sincerely Bruno.

Hello @VANDERELST ,
The thing is that I do not have the context of what you are trying on your side. JTAG/SWD is supported on Linux based project for debug, as well as for Bare metal projects. Please refer to reference manual to get more information : https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/DM00670465-.pdf (page 3493).

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi ,

in other words, SWD/JTAG on STM32MPx (MPUs products) is only available for debug (i.e using CubeIDE).

It is normal to fail if you are trying to use CubeProgrammer to flash the target like for MCUs products.

CubeProgrammer can only be used with USB or UART in order to program the external flash or internal OTPs.

Regards.