cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP15 ECO 5.0.0 u-boot freeze stm32mp1_clk rcc@50000000: stm32mp1_clk_enable: id clock 151

debugging
Senior III

Freezes here at rcc setup

Looking for rcc@50000000
Looking for rcc@50000000
- result for rcc@50000000: rcc@50000000 (ret=0)
- result for rcc@50000000: rcc@50000000 (ret=0)
stm32mp1_clk rcc@50000000: stm32mp1_clk_enable: id clock 151 has

log attached.Any suggestion where to look, what to change, what to try  ?

if needed, advise what files needed ? using 2 different ECO system folders with SDK and source files. One using CubeMX generated DT's and then adjusted with additional entries and one using DT's based on the eCO provided 157a-DK1 DT files with some changes.  Exactly the same result. Discrete power, and discrete Crystal OSCs. Board runs ECO 1 fine.

Adding the log of the tree using the CubeMX generated DTS.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Clock_overview

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/linux/blob/v6.1-stm32mp/include/dt-bindings/clock/stm32mp1-clks.h

shows

#define UART4_K 151

This is the UART debug output  and 151 is the clock it crashes on. So perhaps the boot is continuing but there is no serial output.

Not that I expect reaction anymore from ST on this forum. Don't give me  kudo's for posting a solution. Need guidance how to find the cause. ... Sending out and SOS. message in a bottle...

23 REPLIES 23
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee
Hi,
This issue has been fixed in a minor release.
so that you can download the updates that ST has released.
Regards,
Grégory
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
teg500
Associate II

Wow this explains a lot for me because I was sure I had u-boot working fine for a while and then it stopped working. Turns out I was compiling on another machine where I had 5.0.2 . While I had 5.0.0 on the other machine. 

Anyways you should update the main link to 5.0.2 on the release page instead of 5.0.0 to avoid more people having this problem. 

debugging
Senior III

@Gregory PLANCHON  it mentions they CAN be integrated in de developer package but not HOW. the link the the developer package does not contain a section how to add changes to it. IT only refers to the distro and sources from Github. There are many folks using the developer package AFAIK, more explanation would really help. BTW this issue was long known before the minor release but it causes a major problem for many. See how many post posts there were on this topic but no help..

Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi,

For the developer package, there is a README.HOW_TOO.txt file which explains how to do this using GIT.
For more information, see the section :
"4. Manage <your_current_source_file> source code with GIT".
You will then be able to update to minor release.

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.