cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making and Running the gtk_hello_world example

Kcube
Associate

Hello,

I am new to Linux and just got a new DK2 board. I am attempting to go through the sample on the wiki site.

Question 1:

I have followed all the steps, but when I go to make the example, I get this error and am not sure how to address it (image makeError):

make: arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found

Makefile:13: recipe for target 'gtk_hello_world' failed

make: *** [gtk_hello_world] Error 127

Question 2:

I then asked a friend for their version of the gtk_hello_world example. It runs on my linux system and was able to download it to the board. But when I run it on the target, I get a very strange error as seen in the image runSample. It's like the file(s) is corrupted...

1 REPLY 1
Eldam
Senior

Hello Kcube,

You should restart all your compilation from scratch, for us , following ST example works fine!

You could check with "file" utility the target system of the compiled executable:

file myprog

myprog: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=7c904aa5512330fc92fa138ffd493adbd3a5218b, with debug_info, not strippe

By the way, the gtk_hello_world is made for DK2 GUI isn't it? not a command line executable.

try simple things, and next move for anotther awful test!

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_cross-compile_with_the_Developer_Package#Adding_a_.22hello_world.22_user_space_example