cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the STM32CubeWB 1.3.0 package not available for download anymore? Is there a reason not to use 1.3.0? When will there be a full (usable) integration of the STM32WB in CubeMX or CubeIDE?

TWirt.2061
Associate II
2 REPLIES 2
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Version 1.3.0 is the version by default when you click on the "Get Software" box, The can use a previous version clicking on the "Select version" box.

STM32WB is fully supported by CubeMX and CubeIDE. Note that CubeMX is now part of CubeIDE.

TWirt.2061
Associate II

Thank you for the fast reply. I'm sorry, I misunderstood the concept of the Download page. I'm currently trying to setup a project using CubeIDE 1.1.0 with support package 1.3.0. I just don't get a setup where I get a runable/compilable project. Even if I use one of the ioc files from the examples, it just won't work. So far I was able to get the sample projects running but I want to start a clean project from scratch which supports the following:

• RF with Thread support
  • FreeRTOS
  • USB Device (CDC Class)

I can make some modification in order to get a compilable project, but it looks like something is missing in the initialization. The USB stack works without any problems as long as RF and FreeRTOS are disabled. If either RF (with Thread support) or FreeRTOS is enabled, the USB is detected as unknown device. Further I experience the following:

• The Utility folder has to be added to the source folders manually (otherwise there are unknown references)
  • Why do I have to enable a UART for the OpenThread CLI even if I don't intent to use it?
  • MX_USART1_UART_Init is called from app_thread.c, but is also part of the standard init process. Also the reference can't be found
  • Even if only RF with Thread support is enabled, the code never reaches APP_THREAD_DeviceConfig. It seems like the stack is not correctly iniitialized or the communication between the cores is faulty.

The FTD binaries are loaded and do work with the example project. Is there a "getting started with CubeIDE and STM32WB" available or maybe a basic starting project for CubeIDE? Currently it looks like SW4STM32 has a better support than CubeIDE. I know about the possibility to import SW4STM32 projects, but I actually don't like the resulting projects which seem to link all files into the workspace.