cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target is not responding, retrying... - Problem debugging LoRa

FPicc.1
Senior

Hi, I'm trying to send data via LoRa with two Nucleo wl55 boards, one receiving, and one sending. I made the code from the SubGHz_Phy_PingPong example, and altered only the process where the "ping-pong" happens. I'm trying to debug both boards, but the console keeps returning "Target is not responding, retrying..." when i run it (both together, and separately aswell). Any idea of what it could be?

Before uploading the code, the IDE also asked me to update the ST-Link on both boards, which I did, but I don't know exactly what is the propper option to update it, so I tried the HSI and HSE, but it also didn't work. Don't know if it's related too.

Appreciate the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @FPicc.1​ ,

Try replacing the USB cable, connecting under reset mode.

Check these articles for such issues, that may help:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Connection under reset, or with BOOT0 pulled HIGH, might provide a quick way of recovery.

Make sure you don't have any code explicitly disabling debug, or changing the debug pins functionality / assignment.

Watch also the LOW POWER modes turn OFF the chip and pins facilitating debug connectivity. Avoid going into these directly out of reset.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FPicc.1
Senior

I actually managed to debug the board. I had to change the last two flags in the file "sys_conf.h" from 0 to 1.

But currently I had another issue, I used this example as a base for my project, so I modified it to run as I expected (with SPI1, SPI2, RTC, ADCs, FATFS), but when I tried to debug it crashed. Eventually I found out that when I disabled all ADCs (except IN1) I could debug, but I don't know why this happens (of course, everytime I saved cubeMX I changed the flags again). Also, when I change the RTC from Binary mode, that's the default, to calendar and binary mode, the LoRa application doesn't run.

Any thoughts on this?