cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5 Sigfox pushbutton app not sending data using seeeds Lora E5 module

MSHAY.1
Associate II

Hi,

We are tying to run sigfox pushbutton app on Seeeds lora e5 module what has a stm32wl mcu built in. I have configured the radio control switch gios according to the lora e5 module and also changed the tx power define to High power. have also changes the button and the led gpios.

Now the situation is when I press the button the led blinks 3 times as intended for sigfox app but no data received on the sigfox back end. One thing to mention is that, i have done the commissioning which includes copying chip certificate and get pac and dev ids files from st and programming them into stm32wl using cube programmer. these are done and the device is also registered on the sigfox backend. The sigfox covererage is there too in my area and i have tried taking the device to different areas, But still i cant get any packets received on sigfox backend. i have also used external antenna but still no luck.

what could it be?

I am suspecting something in the code.

Can anyone help me and let me know what else can be done?

Best regards,

Muhammad

16 REPLIES 16
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

It's possible that someone in this community might be able to help you with this. However, I would suggest also asking on the seeed forum available here.

MSHAY.1
Associate II

Hi,

I already contacted seeeds and they said we wont be able to provide support on sigfox. They directed me here and here I am.

Yes, well I don't suspect you're paying enough for the parts to get, or expect, any hours of engineering support. Forums are typically user-to-user, you might have more luck there.

For context you probably need to have a working SigFox device of known provenance so you can test network viability.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

yes you are right. Ive ordered a nucleo-wl55jc1 which is the standard will test the network coverage on that one , will post the update here then, meanwhile anyone came across same issue or have any suggestion please post here.

LCHAM.1
Associate II

Hi MSHAY,

First, with Cube programmer tool, when looking at the location 0x0803E500, do you see the credentials obtained with ST (sigfox PAC and ID )? If not it you can't see your data on Sigfox backend.

To illustrate, I'm sending attached a print screen of location before and after loading the credentials

You should use STM32Cubeprogrammer v2.8.0.

Moreover, what toolchain are you using: STM32CubeIDE, IAR or KEIL?

Finally, you could test if your credentials load sequence is correct with AT_Slave project, opening a terminal and sending "AT$ID=?" command before and after the load of your credentials, checking if the answer is correct.

Best regards

LCHAM.1
Associate II

Here is the same location before loading credentials, containing default values

LCHAM.1
Associate II

By the way, are you testing on last Firmware version: V1.1.0 ?

It's available on: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewl.html

Best regards

MSHAY.1
Associate II

Hi I know what you mean, I have loaded and verified the credentials. I am using stm32 cube ide and i am using sigfox pushbutton app not tha command one.

I did order the nucleo board and tried sending data but nucleo wl55 is also not sending anything i guess its a coverage issue, however on sigfox website i can see my area is covered well. I have no idea now how to confirm if its coverage issue or firmware.

on nucleo wl55 i did use the latest firmware 1.1.0. still no data