cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL55JC1 LoRa Timeout Issue

HVeer.1
Associate II

We are also facing same tx timeout in our custom designed hardware. We are using XO clock in the design and donot have option for TCXO. Please share your inputs whether STM32WL55JC1 will work with XO clock. We got struck with TX Timoeut issue.

0693W00000JNQ9LQAX.png

5 REPLIES 5

DNP, are you sure it starts promptly? Time the startup, ie ON to READY

Semtech's timeouts tend to be all encompassing. Perhaps work the logic so you spin up the clock separately, and turn it off under a different activity (lack-of) timeout.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

Not sure this is the problem you are facing, but you might have to do some calibration.

The AN5042 describes how to set the SUBGHZ_HSEINTRIMR (REG_XTA_TRIM) and SUBGHZ_HSEOUTTRIMR (REG_XTB_TRIM) registers when not using a TCXO.

Please have a look.

STM32WLxx has on-chip load capacitors and shouldn't need C34/C48 to be populated, but it will need, as @Mike_ST​ mentions, the on-chip capacitors to be set. Of course, they're part of the SubGHz radio, which is glommed on to HSE.

Indeed, TxTimeout is likely the result of the HSE starting very slowly or not at all (probably the case).

Hello,

Thanks for your inputs. I did the following configuration XTAL_DEFAULT_CAP_VALUE as 0x19.

SUBGRF_WriteRegister( REG_XTA_TRIM, XTAL_DEFAULT_CAP_VALUE );

SUBGRF_WriteRegister( REG_XTB_TRIM, XTAL_DEFAULT_CAP_VALUE );

With this, class A / C & Class C FUOTA works good. but class b still having inconsistent functioning and class b FUOTA does not started work at all.

Note : Class B / Class B FUOTA works good on nucleo-wl55jc1 hardware, it uses TCXO.

Please share your inputs.

Thanks,

Hariharan.V.

VChau
Associate II

Hello I am starting a workover on stm32wljc1 i need a base code for this where should I go