cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB5MMGHx when on STOP Mode 2 keeps advertising

MLuis.1
Associate III

I’m using a STM32WB5MMGHx module on a battery powered device. I need to put the module in Stop mode 2 in order to have a better battery life. After reset when the module enters the stop mode for the first time it stops advertising as it should. After waking up when the module returns to stop mode again the advertisement keeps being active. I need the module to stop advertising every time it enters Stop Mode 2.

I’m using HAL_PWREx_EnterSTOP2Mode(PWR_STOPENTRY_WFI) to enter stop mode 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

aci_gap_set_non_discoverable command will stop the advertising, so yes the power consumption of the RF is reduced.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @MLuis.1

Actually, using STM32WB, the deepest low-power mode supported when RF is active is STOP2; 

but you can always stop advertising when needed

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MLuis.1
Associate III

Hi @Sarra.S ,

I want to deactivate the RF but when the system wakes up it comes from where it entered the low-power mode.
I cant use any mode where the module resets on wake up

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

If you start the advertising and allows stop 2 low power mode, the device will go in stop2 between each advertising event, it's the case in BLE_HeartRate example. If you want to stop the advertising, you can use the aci_gap_set_non_discoverable command. 

Best Regards

MLuis.1
Associate III

Does aci_gap_set_non_discoverable reduce the power consumption of the RF?

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

aci_gap_set_non_discoverable command will stop the advertising, so yes the power consumption of the RF is reduced.