cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32wb5mm-dk basic freertos based ble application configuration

LBera.1
Associate II

hi,

I'm trying to create a freertos based ble poject on stm32wb5mm-dk board like ble_heartrateFreertos example avaiable for p-nucleo-wb55 board. 

I have changed sys time base to tim17 and enabled freertos and stm_wpan, and in clock configuration I have changed some source like the example above, but the project don't work, it compile but don't work, it's like cpu2 is not initalizzated, on the board i have the last fus fw and ble full stack installed.

Can you tell me what is wrong in these configurations?

Also, in my real project I don't need a heart rate service but if I don't enable it there is compilaition error (app_ble.c seem not generated) so it's hard to create it from scratch. Also device information service is not avaibale if don't enable hrm service and no custom service is avaiable, but in my real application I'd like to create a freetos based ble application with stadard service device informations and generic access service enabled and my custom services, but it's impossible configure this simple template. So the workaroud I have found is to enable hrs service and in the coode costumize app_ble.c, like stop advertising at start and delete hrs task. I can only stop these in user code section because on any code generation it always generate start adevertising at start and start hrs task, so I can't simply comment it.

So in order, what are the mandatory configuration for a minimal freertos ble application on this board? 

For other question about my real ble application I can only create from scratch ble_app.c custom service and create in my custom service standard services like generic access and device information, also if I think can make some error in ble_app.c if I create it from scratch, Is right this solution for my custom application or is best with workaround described above?

thank you

best regards,

Luigi Berardi

1 REPLY 1

Hello @LBera.1​ ,

You can find some BLE examples developed on the stm32wb5mm-dk board in the latest WB Firmware Package (v1.12.0).

You can start your application by using one of them. It might help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid