cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CG Zigbee connection Tuya Smartlife with ST Example

vh789
Associate II

Hi together,

I have the STM32WB55CG on a custom PCB and plan to integrate it into a smart home Zigbee network, that uses a Tuya Gateway and is controlled by Smartlife app. I tried to use the project Zigbee_Find_Bind_OnOff_Router1 from the ST examples and hoped, it can connect to my network easily.

About my Setup:
Since my chip is another than the Zigbee Nucleo uses, I do not have access to the button pins, but at least I could solder the LEDs (red, blue, green) to the respective Pins.

I am using Cube IDE V1.16.0 and Cube Programmer 2.17.0 to flash the wireless coprocessor.

To connect my board, I am using the ST Link from an official Nucleo board as programmer.

Scenario:

After falshing the Example, I could not connect the board to my Tuya Zigbee network. My board shows a sequence with all LEDs (blue-blue/green-blue/green/red-green/red-red). From the docuementation I cannot understand what that means.

Unfortunately, I do not have any Wireshark logs, but if you need a specific information I can try to get them.

Questions:

• Does the example work with my Chip or should I recreate the project with my chip?
  • Did I chose the right example and is it correcrt to assume, that the my board/chip can join my Tuya Zigbee network without and additional work?
  • What does this LED sequence mean?
  • I cannot see Uart-messages from the console, is there an information of how to use the integrated UART console of CubeIDE with my ST Link after flashing my cip?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @vh789,

You can use the project P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Client_Distrib as an example to connect your device with Tuya gateway. For that there is some modification to make on the project as mentioned on this tutorial video for demonstration ( Alexa gateway ) : STM32WB Getting Started Series: Demo 1, Connecting 

Please find below my answers :

• Leds flash sequence at the startup can refer to the wireless stack error, please make sure to flash the right firmware at the right address mentioned in Readme file and Release_Notes doc.
  • For UART purpose, you have to redefine the Tx and Rx pins to match your hardware design

Best regards,

Ouadi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @vh789,

You can use the project P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Client_Distrib as an example to connect your device with Tuya gateway. For that there is some modification to make on the project as mentioned on this tutorial video for demonstration ( Alexa gateway ) : STM32WB Getting Started Series: Demo 1, Connecting 

Please find below my answers :

• Leds flash sequence at the startup can refer to the wireless stack error, please make sure to flash the right firmware at the right address mentioned in Readme file and Release_Notes doc.
  • For UART purpose, you have to redefine the Tx and Rx pins to match your hardware design

Best regards,

Ouadi

Thank you very much for this answer.

Indeed, I did sth wrong while flashing the wireless coprocessor, but solved it now.

The application that you mentioned worked for me and I can see my device in Smartlife.