cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CG (USB dongle)

GS2
Associate III

Hello, where I can find info about STM32WB55CG (USB dongle) usage description and what Blue Tooth USB dongle can be used with STM32WB5MMG module ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I thought @GS2 was making a Bluetooth mouse?

A Bluetooth mouse should be able to connect to any standard Bluetooth "host" - that's the whole point of the Bluetooth standards & Profiles.

But, yes a programmable dongle like the ST STM32WB55CG dongle could give extra facilities for use during development/debug.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @GS2 

The USB Dongle based on the STM32WB55CG is an evaluation board with a USB User that can be used to communicate with the Laptop or for connecting and prgramming the MCU since it doesn't include an ST-LINK integrated. To programme this Board, you can refer to one of the following examples as a start to your project. For the STM32WB5MMG module, you can connect it to the USB Dongle board based on the STM32WB55CG.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

GS2
Associate III

Thank you STTwo-32 for your response, but lets put my question this way: after I finish the wireless mouse design and made my board with the STM32WB5MMG module on it - is there any standard Blue Tooth USB dongle that can be connected to computer/laptop to work with it or I will need to make something similar to STM32WB55CG (USB dongle) to work with my wireless mouse ?

Hello @GS2 

You have to make something like the USB dongle. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you STTwo-32, but do you know the STM32 controller that can communicate with Bluetooth 5.0 standard dongle?

@STTwo-32 wrote:

You have to make something like the USB dongle. 

Really?

Shouldn't it should work with any Bluetooth device - whether a dongle or built-in to a computer or mobile device?

Surely, that is the whole point of Bluetooth ?

Hello, My main question is: why do I need STM32WB55CG (USB dongle) for development instead of Bluetooth 5.0 standard dongle ?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@GS2 wrote:

where I can find info about STM32WB55CG (USB dongle) usage 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWuH05nlQ4

See also the Product Page for the P-NUCLEO-WB55 pack:

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/p-nucleo-wb55.html

Hello @Andrew Neil 

@GS2 asked about a USB dongle that can deal with the signals comming from his Node (Mousse). So, if hi want to decorticate the message on the Dongle and send it directly to the execution on the PC,  he need to have his own programmed dongle. Bit if hi just need the Dongle to receive the signals and send them to the PC for analyse, in this case he can use any dongle programmed to receive the data and send it to the PC.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

I thought @GS2 was making a Bluetooth mouse?

A Bluetooth mouse should be able to connect to any standard Bluetooth "host" - that's the whole point of the Bluetooth standards & Profiles.

But, yes a programmable dongle like the ST STM32WB55CG dongle could give extra facilities for use during development/debug.