cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 User Manual RCC register is missing bit 18????

SWenn.1
Senior III

I am trying to incorporate the X-Cube-EEPROM package into an existing STM32WB55 Nucleo design that I have. In the process one of the compile errors refers to an RCC bit:

'RCC_CR_HSEBYP' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'RCC_BDCR_LSEBYP'?

Your stm32wbxx.h file within the CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32WBxx/Include folder calls out the RCC_CR_HSEBYP as bit 18.

This bit doesn't even exist in the manual....What kind of code is this???

This is VERY subpar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @SWenn.1​ ,

In which version of the STM32CubeWB repository did you find the RCC_CR_HSEBYP bit in the CMSIS files?

This bits is removed in the CMSIS files from STM32CubeWB V 1.7.0 version.

For that please refer to the STM32CubeWB last version.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @SWenn.1​ ,

In which version of the STM32CubeWB repository did you find the RCC_CR_HSEBYP bit in the CMSIS files?

This bits is removed in the CMSIS files from STM32CubeWB V 1.7.0 version.

For that please refer to the STM32CubeWB last version.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello Kaouthar....

Thank you for the response. I was using a github repo example for flash erasing/writing for persistent variables and the application called for use of the bit. I downloaded the application and married it to STM32CubeWB V1.7.0. At compile time it errored out as V1.7.0 does not recognize the bit field. I have worked my way around this.

Thanks again.