cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 USB dongle not responding to CubeMonitor-RF

A.D.
Associate III

I want to connect to the WB55 USB Dongle with CubeMonitor-RF to scan for my BLE peripherals.

I followed the connection guide and flashed the BLE_TransparentModeVCP firmware to the dongle. I also installed the VCP driver under windows. The dongle appears as "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM3)" in the device manager.

But it still is not responding to a connection request from the CubeMonitor.

Is there anything left I could have forgotten to do or set up? Do you have any advice how I will be able to finally connect to the USB dongle?

0693W00000AOfLmQAL.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @A.D.​ 

Look's like you followed the correct procedure.

Can you tell me what is displayed on the log part of the tool located on the right side.

Richard

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Richard.Chvr​ ,

unfortunatly there is no log message. When the error popup appears, the log is still empty. And when I click OK, the CubeMonitor closes without any further display of information.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Looks strange not to have at least the READ LOCAL VERSION in the log. what version of the STM32CubeMonitorR1 are you using?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It is the version 2.7.0, which seems to be newest version available.