Dingeling
Associate

Hi,
I am using a

• STM32WB55
  • Wireless Firmware version 1.17.2
  • Wireless Firmware build 1
  • FUS version 1.2.0

As described by AN5270 2.5.6. an ACI_GATT_UPDATE_CHAR_VALUE must fire an ACI_GATT_NOTIFICATION_COMPLETE_EVENT if the characteristic was created with GATT_NOTIFY_NOTIFICATION_COMPLETION mask.

I am using the BLE_Custom example to which I added a service. I could not find any setting to enable this notification with CubeMX at the STM32_WPAN section.
I added the mask manually, but I never got this event!
The function aci_gatt_notification_complete_event_process (defined in ble_events.c) was never called as well.

I need to send multiple indications and I want to use this event to determine when the next indication can be sent.

I receive an ACI_GATT_SERVER_CONFIRMATION_EVENT but in this case the parameter is a connection handle instead of a handle to a characteristic.

What do I have to do to receive the ACI_GATT_NOTIFICATION_COMPLETE_EVENT?

Best regards,
Christian

1 REPLY 1
FDumontKeller
Associate III

Hi Dingeling, 

If someone else comes along the same issue, perhaps this can help a little.

I was testing things out between the Notifications and Indications. By setting the GATT_NOTIFY_NOTIFICATION_COMPLETION manually for notifications, the event will get triggered (addeded in the Custom_STM_Event_Handler()). But if you use the same mask for an indication, the event won't work. In the documentation only the notification is mentioned as a trigger of this event. 

If you want to use an indication perhaps the ACI_GATT_TX_POOL_AVAILABLE_EVENT will work for your application. 

Cheers.