cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB Nucleo - please share an example to send data from STM to the computer via BLE?

IRakh.1
Associate III

Hello, I need to send data from STM32WB Nucleo to the computer (any symbol), I spend many days, but didn't find any simple example for that in Google. I was surprised usually I never had a problem like that...

Please, can you share a simple example of how to send data/symbol/something from STM32 WB to the computer via BLE

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

All examples and infos is in folders : \Users\YUO\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.1x.y\

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

All examples and infos is in folders : \Users\YUO\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.1x.y\

Thank you for your reply, they have many examples, but which one is responsible for " send data from STM to the computer via BLE?"

Normal test destination is mobile phone with BLE test app. For PC destination you need search or create own exe...

Bluetooth LE Explorer – aplikácie v Microsoft Store

Javier1
Principal

Hi @IRakh.1​ , i have been there and done that.

Your struggle is normal.

Even if they share the same name BLE and bluetooth Classic are different beasts.

In bluetooth classic you would find a Serial profile port which acts as a transparent Serial transmission.

Well, bad news, in BLE there is no standard serial profile so you need to build your own(in fact, every BLE module provider has their own, including st).

Make sure you understand BLE things like characteristics, services, descriptors and all that first.

• The fastest way for you to transmit bytes to your Phone it would be to use one of the BLE debugging tools on your phone like "LightBlue" or "ST BLE toolbox".

• In Windows PC i just do a desktop app with QT Creator.

In addition to all this you could use Google Chrome's webBLE API to control the BLE from the web browser with javascript. https://www.hackster.io/javier-munoz-saez/controlling-this-blinky-boy-from-chrome-webble-0b9708

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Do you know where I can find examples for stm32wb55cgu6 ?

or all examples only for STM32WB Nucleo?

can you clarify, what does it mean "own exe"?

This means Windows application (.exe) that you create yourself. Or persuade someone to make it for you. These days, it can be even a python script.